Thursday, May 26, 2011

False Alarm

If you have ever wandered down an elementary school hallway, you have no doubt noticed the wall art up and down the corridors. In the kindergarten class where I am substituting for the day, we are making a mural to be displayed in such a hallway. Each child has been assigned a very specific part (a character from the story, trees, flowers, etc.) One girl is working very meticulously on her piece when her tablemate says to her, "It doesn't have to be perfect. I mean, it's not like it’s going in a museum or something." 

Later this same afternoon, the fire alarm goes off. I mutter to myself in a voice that is barely audible, "You have GOT to be kidding me." Upon hearing this, one of the little girls gets up from her desk and in her most exasperated voice repeats, "You have got to be kidding me." They are little sponges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment